Holiday Treats!

By Funkey Flash Back on 4:22 PM

Filed Under: , , , , ,

Growing up in my household there are many things to be remembered about food. My grandmother and my mother both were born and raised in the country (North Carolina). Everything has always been made from scratch, my grandmother never made a store bought cake or biscuits. We always had the real deal. Now that I am older I am real thankful to have grown up learning some of these things she taught me as a young girl. My mother definitely took after her and I am now following in her footsteps.

It is the little things that you remember at different times and today my mother and I went to the country of Virginia Beach and got some fresh Collard Greens, Kale, Hanover, sweet potatoes and they had something I remember as a child, Peach Buds. Sneaking into the candy dish to pull out a few pieces of Peach Buds. Yes, Peach Buds, they are delicious. You can only get them around this time of year and I had to pick us up a box of them today.

If you never had Peach Buds, check them out and you will be hooked and this is what they look like...Enjoy!


0 comments for this post

Post a Comment